Click the image for chocolate NOW
Did you know?...
- It takes 400 cocoa beans to make one pound of chocolate.
- Each cacao tree produces approximately 2,500 beans.
- Research to date supports that chocolate can be enjoyed as part of a balanced, heart-healthy diet and lifestyle.
- The average serving of milk chocolate has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of decaf coffee.
- Because cacao trees are so delicate, farmers lose, on average, 30 percent of their crop each year.
- Studies have demonstrated that one of the major saturated fats in chocolate does not raise cholesterol like other hard fats, meaning chocolate can be enjoyed in moderation .
- Chocolate comes from a fruit tree; its made from a seed.
More fun facts about chocolate here!